Monday, July 8, 2013

TIMELESS CLASSIC


Ive always respected Porsche but I always found others marques more lust-worthy. I knew these other may be no match for the history, performance, price, accomplishments and cult status the 911 has garnered for the brand.



But Porsche just wasnt exciting enough. Then
  1. RWB came along...i thought 'okaay-this is more like it!'
  2. Then Singer made the ultimate 911 for those in the know. I didnt know but I learned fast (ha!)
  3. Then Chris Harris beat the greatness that is 911 through my thick skull.
  4. Magnus Walker made an appearance in my automotive media/entertainment.
  5. Now in 2013 the 911 is 50 years young. Thats cool I guess...


So its fast, its philosophy hasn't changed,
its weakness is its greatest strength where it matters: the track.
It wins then wins some more, its challenging etc.
Still, I wasn't convinced. I guess I saw it as an old mans game, like boats and planes and shit like that. Maybe you have to get in and drive it to appreciate it?..
that wasn't going to happen - at least not anytime soon. There's other marques I'd rather sneak a drive in. Besides I'm not a tire kicker. If im interested enough to test drive that means Im ready to commit to buying. Unfortunatley my bank account says: Play the lotto!

 
Then 2 things happened to make me fall in LOVE with Porsche:
 
1. I saw this ad on youtube and it became clear that they care deeply, madly, passionately and obsessively.
Maybe it's just me but the DRL's on the 991 HAVE to be inspired by the turn signal/ air intake/vent assembly on the classic. Wether its true or not its drives me crazy that I never noticed that beauty mark <3
 
2. I got myself a Porsche! A classic Porsche!
 
 
 
 
The wheels were already turning because I was looking for a new project/shell.
How you ask? Well, the stars aligned and the go-gods blessed me with a vision through the crystal ball known as Google images. It wasnt long before I was doing car guy research and
talked myself into excavating a diamond from the rough- or in this New Englanders case,
a racecar from the rust.
 
 
 
Gotta Go!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment